Our four-day Affiliate Training provides an in-depth overview of all aspects of creating and managing the Healing Meals for Healthy Communities model. The training takes place at our headquarters in Sebastopol, California offering a direct experience of the program in action.
• Reviewing the culture and values behind the model’s success
• Working with and supporting clients including intake, the role of client liaisons and completion
• Working with and supporting youth including expectations, teen curriculum, teen leadership development, and our gardening and culinary programs
• Managing the logistics of the kitchen including menu planning, food procurement and working with adult mentors
• Engaging, supporting and appreciating volunteers
• Building community support
• Developing an integrated communications and fund-raising plan; fundraising basics
• Understanding fundraising and donation acknowledgement regulations
• Managing your project with our low-cost integrated data base system
• Becoming a non-profit or finding a fiscal sponsor
• Covering insurance and risk management issues
The training also includes an opportunity to work in the kitchen with our teen chefs, participate in a delivery of meals to a client, attend our monthly volunteer orientation, and experience our garden program.
To learn more about becoming a Ceres Community Project Affiliate, contact Ceres at: firstname.lastname@example.org.