Ceres Community Project Affiliates are programs in communities across the country that have committed to replicating the Ceres’ Healing Meals for Healthy Communities model, have completed our four-day training, and are actively partnering with us to continue evolving the model.
Healing Meals for Healthy Communities is an integrated community based program that:
• Supports individuals who are in crisis due to a health challenge with free, delivered and nutrient-rich prepared meals, nutrition education, and a community of caring.
• Involves young people as volunteer gardeners and chefs, giving them direct, hands-on experience of the difference that fresh, healthy foods and community make, and of their own capacity to contribute.
• Educates the broader community about the connection between fresh healthy food, strong social networks, healing and wellness.
• Connects people of all ages and from all walks of life to one another, and to their value as an integral part of the community.
Ceres’ is committed to the success of each Affiliate. We provide on-going one on one mentoring, site training conference calls, and the opportunity to collaborate with and learn from other Affiliates. We help our Affiliate partners develop and grow their programs, define and measure their success, and build effective fund-raising programs to support program sustainability.
Affiliates benefit from ongoing program development work and promotional programs developed by Ceres Community Project such as:
• Curriculum to support youth development
• Surveys and evaluation methodologies to evaluate program impact
• Nutrition education tools
• Promotional programs such as Whole Foods Market’s co-branded Deli Salad Program
To learn more about becoming a Ceres Community Project Affiliate, contact Ceres at: firstname.lastname@example.org.